FEATURES & NEWS
August 25, 2014: NOW accepting registrations for Fall Classes. View list of classes here...
I prefer to work out on my own, so I don't require a personal trainer or classes to motivate me. However, I don't really know what I'm doing in order to maximize results, and just using an elliptical or jogging isn't a well rounded work out. I signed up for Kendra's personalized 12 week program and thought it would be perfect for my needs. Kendra is great at answering questions and following up to see how things are going. She bases the plan on the equipment you already own, and also updates your program as you progress so you aren't stuck doing the same things over and over. I am in the best shape I've been in years. If you are looking for a program that allows you to work out in your own home at your own schedule, but with the expert advice of a trainer, I would highly recommend Kendra and her superb program.
January 30, 2014
What is HIIT?
November 30, 2011
Tips for Success
- Eat first meal within an hour of waking.
- Eat natural, unprocessed whole foods. These foods are used more efficiently by the body and less likely to be stored as fats.
- Eat small meals often. Every 2.5 - 3 hours (5 or 6 times a day). This is the secret to speeding the metabolism, regulating blood sugar, and avoiding unnecessary snacking.
- Measure and weigh everything. Purchase measuring cups and a good kitchen scale.
- Plan ahead! Designate a food preparation day.
- Drink plenty of water, 3 - 4 litres a day. Drinking water helps to decrease appetite, flush toxins, prevents and alleviates fluid retention, increases energy levels and aids in vitamin absorption.
- Take healthy fats (flaxseed or fish oil daily). The body needs healthy fats to rid itself of stored fats. Healthy fats encourage healthy bowl movements and are necessary for vitamin absorption.
- Reward yourself once a week to avoid feeling deprived. Choose one meal each week to reward yourself to something outside your regular clean diet.
- Be active - add activity to everyday living. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, find a parking spot the far away from the door, play with the kids, walk to school instead of driving.
- Schedule your workouts into your day. Do not try to find the time to do them, make the time and schedule your day around them.
- Don't get discouraged and give up - if you have a bad day or week, do not dwell on it. Refocus and start fresh with your next meal; we cannot change the past but can plan for the future.